A hassle-free, homemade aperitivo and its necessary nibbles, for fun times with friends!
Here’s the how-to for the easy-peasy, budget-friendly “Delight Spritz” aperitivo.
Serve with Madame Ginger’s warm, garlicky and herb-infused olive antipasto.
Home-made “Delight Spritz” aperitivo cocktails, and warm olive, garlic and herb antipasto.
Serves: 2 as aperitivo
Ingredients for Delight Spritz
100 ml Martini Rosso
200 ml Three Cents Pink Grapefruit Soda
2 thin cucumber ribbons
2 strips of unwaxed lemon peel
Serves: 4 as an olive antipasto
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for the olive antipasto
500 gr. assorted olives (Kalamata, green, etc.)
2 cloves garlic, grated
1/2 tsp sweet or hot dried pepper flakes
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1) To make the olive antipasto. Heat 1-2 tbsp olive oil in a deep pan, and sauté the olives, grated garlic and pepper flakes over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
2) Add the rosemary leaves and oregano, sauté for another 2 minutes and remove from heat. Transfer the antipasto into the serving dish.
3) To make the Delight Spritz. Fill two rocks glasses with ice. Add the Martini (50 ml each).
4) Top up each cocktail with Three Cents Pink Grapefruit Soda.
5) Garnish each glass with a cucumber ribbon and a strip of lemon peel.
6) Enjoy your aperitivo along with the warm olives, with an optional side of toasted crusty bread and your favourite cheese. Cover any leftovers with cling film, or transfer to a closed container, and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Part of this post is republished from content originally created in collaboration with food blogger Madame Ginger and posted on https://www.madameginger.com/
The copyright for the antipasto recipe belongs exclusively to Madame Ginger. The copyright for the post photo belongs to https://www.madameginger.com/